Being stuck at home for a whole year has made me antsy to get out of the house. As the vaccine becomes more available to different age groups and professions, I’m ready to pack my bags and go on a trip. While I’m not quite sure if I’m ready to hop on an airplane yet (I think I quickly glanced at a news report saying that it is unclear whether or not the Moderna, Pfizer, and Johnson & Johnson work the same, so people should still be cautious), I’m ready to getaway for some road trips. I’m just waiting for a notification that there’s a vaccine ready for me.
While some people might hate the idea of sitting in the car for hours, I have always loved the control that sitting behind the wheel gives me. Keep reading to see where I plan to travel to once I’ve been vaccinated (this probably won’t be all of it, but it is what I have planned for now).
One of my favorite comedians is coming to Florida the very same weekend that my birthday is taking place this year. I didn’t want to go alone, and when I asked my boyfriend which show we should go to, he picked Clearwater. I would’ve made a nice weekend of it no matter where I was, but I have to admit that I’m more excited because it’s been a while since I’ve been to Clearwater.
While I am in the process of planning the weekend, and it will be a surprise for my boyfriend, I know that he doesn’t read this blog (if you read this blog, tell him I want lilies for my birthday), so here are 3 things I’m looking forward to during my weekend in Clearwater:
- Lymphatic Massage: I have never gotten a massage without my boyfriend, but I’ve been researching lymphatic massages and it’s something I’ve been wanting to try. So while he gets a normal massage, I will be trying this one out. Does anyone know if it feels as good as a normal massage?
- Oxford Exchange: In the short time that I lived in Tampa, I was in walking distance of Oxford Exchange, and I wish I had taken advantage of it more when I was there. Now it’s something that I look forward to when I’m on that side of Florida. It feels to me that every blogger in Tampa goes here, but that’s because the place has a really cool and unique vibe to it.
- Paddle-boarding: This is something that can be done along any coast in Florida. However, my boyfriend told me that the next two surprise dates that I plan have to center around my interests, and if I had all the time in the world, this is something that I would do everyday, so here it is.
With a boyfriend from Maryland, he would have to take me here eventually. He’s taken me once for a wedding, and now we’re preparing to go for another wedding. Since I’m not in charge, I’m not sure what the plans are. However, I can still have things to look forward to.
- Family Time: I love my family, and I also very much love that my boyfriend’s family has been nothing but kind, warm, and welcoming to me. It makes me a little sad that we’re so far apart, because I would love to have the chance to get to know them better. Luckily, that can be done on these trips that we make back.
- Bruster’s Ice Cream: Ice cream is one of my favorite things in the world. I know this is a chain and that we have them in Florida too. It just tastes sweeter when I’m in Maryland, and my boyfriend is telling me how they used to host fundraising events for his school. The sentimentality of it makes it better. I think this may have been the last time that I had cinnamon ice cream.
- Wedding: I love weddings. I used to love them growing up because it was a time where I knew I would see my extended family and eat a 9 course meal during the reception. Now, I love weddings because it’s the time that I can share how I picture how our wedding will be. It’s all the sweeter, because he will imagine it with me.
Nashville has been on my bucket list since before I was 21. I know that because I wanted to go for my 21st birthday. Obviously, I didn’t get to go because I’m still saying it now. Now, a friend and I are hoping to go in the summer. These plans are in the works, so we will see.
- Live Country Music: I love country music, and going to Stagecoach is on my bucket list. However, I think I prefer the intimacy of live music in a bar over a concert hall or a big stage, and it would be awesome if I had the opportunity to go to the Bluebird Cafe for an intimate evening with up and coming songwriters.
- Wearing Boots Around Town: I don’t care if they’re cowboy boots or thigh-high boots, I love a boot. I love walking around in boots, and feel like they complete every outfit that I put together.
- Zoo: I know that some people believe zoos to be a controversial place, but I think that zoos give some people the opportunity to see animals that they otherwise wouldn’t. Zoos have the ability to educate the public, and play a role in protecting endangered animals. I’m excited about the one in Nashville because they have red pandas.
Seattle, Washington (Maybe Beyond)
I don’t know what it is about the west coast, but I’ve always wanted to see it, whether is be California, Oregon, Montreal, I would be willing to see it. I’ve heard it’s beautiful, which is why I wouldn’t be mad if this trip extended beyond Seattle. However, Seattle is the first must for me, because I’ve heard that the food scene is unlike any other. Sure, I’m curious to see if it rains as much as other people seem to believe, but I’m definitely there for the food.
- Pike Place Market: I don’t know if I will have the skill to catch a fish, but I’m excited to explore the historical market and try all the same. Maybe this is where I’ll try my first cup of Seattle coffee, since it is the coffee capital.
- Tulip Festival: I’m going in the winter, so this is not something I’ll be able to take advantage of, but I have to note it here so that I can go back in the future. Tulips are my favorite flowers, so I would really like the chance to experience them in full bloom. Sure, I’ll still go to Amsterdam to experience that, but right now, the festival in Washington seems a bit more in my reach.
- Chihuly Garden and Glass: My two favorite forms of art are architecture and glass art. I’ve always been more attracted to these two, and seeing both in combination with the beauty of nature is something that excites me. I hope I can go, but we’ll see how time plays out.
Are you ready to travel? If you’ve been to any of these places, can you tell me what you loved about it? Once we’re able to freely travel again, where would you go? Please tell me in the comments below!
As always, thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to read this blog post. If you enjoyed it, be sure to let me know by liking this post, commenting down below, and sharing it with your friends. You can even make my day by becoming a subscriber, which means you will automatically be notified every time I put out more content like this.