Confession time, here’s what I got: I’ve never watched Grey’s Anatomy before. I’ve always wanted to, but I never got around to it until recently, probably as a result of COVID-19. My favorite podcast is Grey’s Anatomy inspired, but I’ve always been intimidated by just how many episodes there are, and more keep coming out.
The reason I finally started is because a friend of mine has talked about wanting to start, and so we did a Netflix Party together. While we were watching, I kept a “diary” of my watch experience if you will. I’m sharing it here today, mostly because I am not totally sure if I feel the need to continue. Beware: may contain spoilers. Here are a collection of my thoughts:
Pilot: A Hard Day’s Night
- Damn, I wish I was boss enough to invite a guy home and sleep on the floor…
- Of course he’s going to be her new boss…
- My school teaches their nurses well, because my friend understood all the medical talk.
- Rectum exams… yikes.
- Mr. Savage, what a name.
- Meredith really is strong.
- I don’t like Alex, but George seems like a sweetie.
- I like Richard.
Episode 2: The First Cut is Deepest
- Oh my god, that girl bit off a penis in self-defense!
- Isn’t it a little early in the series to have someone carry around a penis? “Custody of a penis.” What a thought.
- What Justice. That guy tried to rape a girl and now he can’t have sex again. And he’ll be peeing out of a bag for a long time.
- Alex is a pig.
- Oh goodness, no wonder people talk about elevator kisses.
- Oh babies!
- Izzy going in the rain for surgery makes me tear up.
Episode 3: Winning the Battle, Losing the War
- Meredith regrets inviting them to live with her, definitely.
- Alex the Frat Guy is most definitely an ass.
- Izzy is so kind.
- “You make out with patients now?”
- The chase definitely seems to be what Sheppard is drawn to.
- “Tiny ineffectual fists.”
- George really is a puppy.
- “The mountain is going to have to come to me.” What a phrase.
Episode 4: No Man’s Land
- I admire Christina’s determination.
- I hate how people are judging Izzy. Let a girl live.
- Ow to the nails in the skull.
- I wonder if Meredith’s friendship with Meredith is based on rivalry.
- Alex is an ass to the nth degree.
- Ouch, Ellis doesn’t even remember her own family, but she can remember someone she worked with. That must have felt like a slap in the face to Meredith.
- Ah, there’s Christina’s heart.
- Of course Meredith ends up caving to a date with Sheppard.
Have you watched Grey’s Anatomy? Should I keep watching? Which character do you relate to the most? Tell me in the comments below!
As always, thanks so much for taking the time to read. If you enjoyed what you read, feel free to let me know by liking this post and sharing it with your friends. You can also make my day by subscribing to the blog, which will update you anytime I write another post like this.
Hey! This is amazing! I nominated you for the sunshine blogger award! Check it out on my blog at diyasankar.wordpress.com