I’ve made it a tradition to sit down at the beginning of every year and think about what I want to accomplish for the next 365 days of my life. By sitting down and setting my intentions with what I want to accomplish and how I want to accomplish it, I usually am successful in what people call a “New Year’s Resolution”.
This year, since I wrote a blog on “18 Things I Accomplished“, I thought it would only be fair for me to also share what I want to do in the next year.
- Traveling more will always make my list of things I want to do.
- Books are one of my favorite ways to go on an adventure, so I would love to read more.
- For me, I love writing, so getting into the habit of doing it on a regular basis would feel great.
- I’ve never been a great public speaker, so a goal of mine for this year would be to work up the courage to read some of my writing at an open mic.
- Finances and money are such an important topic, but one that isn’t really talked about, that I would love to become better financially educated and save more.
- Speaking of becoming more educated, I would love to become more aware. I want to be able to understand and have an opinion on the current events of today, not just influenced into believing in one or the other.
- Since this kind of ties in, moving into a new place would be nice.
- This year, one of my best friends is turning 21, so I would love to drink around the world with her at Epcot.
- Another one of my best friends will be getting married this year. She’s asked me to be a bridesmaid, so before that I would love to tone up and get a little bit more lean before then.
- Skin care has never been something I’ve kept up with, so I think it’s ambitious of me to want to get in the habit of the Korean 7 step skincare routine.
- I would love an internship of some sort.
- As a HerCampus writer who missed out last year, I want to attend HerConference in the coming year.
- Last year, I fell in love with stand-up comedy. This year, I would love to go see a stand-up set live.
- Live music is so cool. At some point, I would love to go to a concert where I have meet and greet tickets with the artist.
- Theater is something I have always been interested in, but I’ve never tried or experienced it. This would be a great year to dabble into it.
- One of these semesters, I would love a 4.0 in college.
- My inner child would love to attend Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is also on the list for the same reason.
- The biggest thing I want in life is that I no longer want to let my fear faze me anymore. I don’t want to be afraid of chasing my dreams or desires anymore.
This is the short list of what I want to accomplish, which I guess isn’t so short. But it’s going to be fine. It’s all about perspective, and from my perspective, I’m going to do everything I can to make it a great year.
What about you? Do you have anything exciting going on in 2019? Or anything you hope to change for the year? I would love to hear all about it. It might even inspire me, so don’t be afraid to share.
Happy New Year, beautiful 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person